Sunday, February 8, 2009

To save my dress....

I'll wholeheartedly admit that I'm a messy person when I create things. Be it cooking, artwork, painting rooms in my house - whatever - if my hands get sloppy, they get wiped on whatever it is that I'm wearing. So needless to say, I love aprons. New aprons, old aprons, handmade aprons, second hand aprons. Anything to save what I'm wearing from the ravages of my sloppy, but happy, hands.



I found this lovely toile on the clearance rack at one of the local fabric stores - at a dollar a yard how could I say no? The eyelet is just some leftover scrap from the bottom of my fabric bin. I was proud of myself that I was able to get the pocket pattern to line up perfectly with the pattern on the apron.


I think my next project will be to make a full apron - one that covers my chest as well. And to make it wider, because you know my hands find the spot just behind where the apron ends. I have glue on my skirt today. Thank goodness Elmer's is washable.

No comments:

Post a Comment